Writing a business book is a delicate balancing act between being fully yourself and being fully in service of your reader. How do you "do you" to the max, without tipping over into self-indulgence or over-sharing?
In the last few episodes of The Extraordinary Business Book Club we've explored this question from a number of angles. In this Best Bits episode, discover:
- Karen Skidmore on how writing a book deepens and shifts your own thinking
- Andrew Hill on curiosity, clarity and curation
- Nancy Youssef on the vulnerability involved in telling your own story
- Chris Hirst on the discipline of what to include and what to leave out
- Norm Laviolette on writing in your own way and owning your material
- Marianne Cantwell on recognising that what worked for you won't work for everyone
- Kelly Glover on pitching your message to fit the audience.