A few of my favourite moments from the last few Extraordinary Business Book Club episodes, and this time we're thinking about grit, which comes through in different ways through all these conversations.
- Ayse Birsel on optimism and finding the best answers in the worst places
- Elaine Halligan, whose own life demonstrates the power of grit in turning tough situations around, on getting the support you need
- Michael Brown on finding purpose in personal tragedy
- Ben Hunt-Davis on translating the grit required to win Olympic Gold into everyday gold
- Sam Conniff Allende on not taking no for an answer
- Pippa Malmgren on the necessity of asking difficult questions
- Derek Lewis on the repeated application of grit in the pursuit of good writing
- Michelle Sales on how to mitigate the grit with what you're great at, and
- Pete Williams on why the discipline of writing brings such great business benefits.